Best view in the county!

Best view in the county!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thing #1 Blogging

I'm Terese Brennan and I'm the 7-12 librarian at Cambridge Central School.  I'm participating in this program because I love to learn about new tech tools that I may be able to use with students and staff in the library. I've take a number of classes from Polly and I know I'll learn about extremely practical tech tools. I also figured it was an excellent opportunity to learn from my colleagues (without having to drive on wintry roads). I had a blogger account all set up to use with my seniors last year, but never used it. I choose blogger last year, because once the students have a Google email account if gives them access to all things Google.  We have used iGoogle as a personal learning environment, so that the students can set up RSS feeds to the subscription databases and other resources.  We also use Google sites for the seniors  to use as a research reflection log.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You made it. That's great you're using iGoogle and Google sites for your seniors research projects. Are any of the projects public? Would love to see how they're using those tools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terese: I am using a site called Odijoo which is a free site that allows you to create online course modules. It has a built in test feature and a forum. I am using it with my sixth grade and the adore it. Check it out, I think it is right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete