Best view in the county!

Best view in the county!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Post 10: Tools for creating websites, pathfinders, portfolios and more

My school district does use a canned website, but I have been exploring other tools for pathfinders, class projects etc.  I actually feel I have good grip on these types of tools. For my pathfinders/class projects I’ve used wikispaces, basically because it is so simply!  I also like it because when I use a wiki for a class project we have the discussion option that the students can use to communicate with the other students and teachers.  We’ve used the discussion feature for a number of different literary discussions. For my seniors we use Google sites to keep a research log, my ninth graders used Weebly to create business website  for their Greek god,  and my Science and Society class also usesGoogle sites to create academic e-portfolios.
I’ve purchased LibGuides to migrate my website to this summer.  I like the fact you can get permission to use another library’s guide and just tweak it to your needs.  I just need more hours in a day to get it done.
Polly, I hope you are going to keep this Cool Tools Site.  I know I’ll refer back to it for all the great resources, articles, and other “stuff.”

1 comment:

  1. Just finished reading all your posts, thanks for sharing how you've used some of the tools in school and in your own life. And congrats on having finished! Yes, the Cool Tools site will remain up for everyone to refer back to. Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete