Best view in the county!

Best view in the county!

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thing 3: Online Communities

I've had a facebook and twitter account for some time. I use my facebook more for a personal online community, although I'm friends with professional colleagues. I'm enjoying the SLS Cool Tools facebook group. It's great to see what "cool" things are happening in other libraries.  One gets to pick the brains of colleagues without being in the same room! Although I haven't been big on tweeting, I do check out the library gurus' tweets! It's great if I just have a minute or two to see what's happening in the library and tech world, that I might want to investiagate further.
I did try to put a twitter button on this blog, but I wasn't able to figure out where to paste the code.  I thought it would be under my profile, but there was no place to edit the html. Maybe someone can help me?!?

2 comments:

  1. When you look at the Layout options in blogger, is there a section on the far right labeled "html/javascript"? You could paste the twitter code in there.

    Or click on the "add a gadget" option and search for a twitter badge gadget, there are tons of them!

    ReplyDelete