Best view in the county!

Best view in the county!

Friday, May 18, 2012

Thing 6: Productivity
I downloaded the app for Evernote to all my devices at the end of last year, hoping to use it with students this past school year.  Unfortunately that didn’t happen, but I have high hopes for next year.  I think using Evernotes and NoodleTools combined will help my juniors and seniors stay organized during the research process.   I like that they can have the Evernote app on their phone, so they have the ability to access and save information on the go. I read an article on using Evernote as a student portfolio for a number of reasons. A few reasons are the ability to scan student work, ability to take screenshots of the computer and Smartboard of student work, and the ability of a student to have 24/7 access to Evernote. Paige wants to pilot a program, Digital Footprints:  How big is yours and does it stink, this might be the perfect tool for students to use.    
The other productivity tool I investigated was Readability.  The ability to clear out the clutter of ads on a website is beautiful.  I love this feature, especially for adults and students who are easily distracted!  I also love the fact you can save an article to read later.  I constantly find resources that people post on facebook that I want to read, but not at that very moment.  The save to read later solves the problem.  In the past, I’ve used delicious to save articles/ sites, but I think this tool can be used as a clearinghouse for articles I want to read and then I can decided which I want to bookmark or save to Evernote.
Dropbox:
I just signed up for dropbox because I was reading an article on ipad  initiative and they used this tool.  I need a bit more time to check out exactly how it works and I think I’ll tie it into using Google docs.

No comments:

Post a Comment