Best view in the county!

Best view in the county!

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thing 7: Collaboration
Google Doc: Next year the school is thinking of going to Google Apps for Education, so I decided to investigate Google docs.  The school uses the platform Classlinks which allows everyone to access Microsoft Office tools, but with an individual username  and password. It works well, but not for collaboration. In the past few years, we’ve had to come up with creativity ways of working out this kink. I guess I could have had them use Google Docs, but I didn’t want the tech tool to overshadow the content of the project. If the school migrates to Google Apps for Education then the students will be using Google docs school wide. This will solve the problem we have been having when students are working in colloborative groups
Pinterest:  I became a fan of Pinterest for my personal use.  My friend’s daughter was finding these really cute craft ideas on pinterest, so I started checking it out.  My daughter sent me an “invite” and the next thing I know I’m addicted and so is the rest of the world.  Talk about going viral!  I didn’t look at it as a professional tool, but it’s a great visual way to keep track of the many interesting ideas in the library world. Another avenue to stay current professionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment